Replace defective EnOcean Gateway TM310

Can anyone point me to instructions on how to replace a defective Enocean TM 310 Gateway with a Symcon EnOcean Gateway?
I assume it must me possible to replace the defective gateway and point all EnOcean instances/devices to the new gateway. It wouldn’t be fun to re-learn all EnOcean instances/devices.

Cheers,
Dennis.

Hi Dennis,

you will need the BaseID of your old TCM310 gateway. You can find it in IP-Symcon in a variable below the EnOcean Splitter. Using this information you can use our special tool to override the default BaseID of the TCM515 and you should be able to use the new gateway without any problems: https://www.symcon.de/files/service/EnOceanBaseIDTool.pdf

paresy

paresy

1 „Gefällt mir“

After replacing the gateway, I still need to change the gateway on every device instance, I guess. Is this something I can do on all devices at once?

Cheers,
Dennis.

You don’t. Just update the ip address on the ClientSocket. That’s all you need to do.

paresy

I finally replaced the TM310 with a TM515. All actors work, but all my sensors are not responding. What should I do to get the sensors up-and-running again?

Cheers,
Dennis.

That is very odd. Normally, sensors are just sending their data and every gateway will be happy to receive it. Is it really all sensors? Are those special sensors?

paresy

Hi,

I don’t understand why the sensors are a problem after changing the gateway either. All sensors fail.(presence/motion sensor by Eltako, presence/motion senser by NodOn, weather sensor by Eltako).
I hoped the TM515 had better coverage than the TM315, but that doesn’t seem the case. After using the TM310 instead of the TM515 the sensors work again.
I’m experiencing some range issues out of the blue, where some actors and/or sensors are having trouble with the radio signals.

Cheers,
Dennis.

Unfortunately the 515 seems to have a little bit of a smaller range :frowning: But when all sensors fail this cannot be a range issue after all. Can you force sending of a sensor value? Can you see anything in the debug window?

As far as I know sensors should always be received as they are not bound to the BaseID.

paresy

I’ve managed to place the TM310 in a sweet spot so that it solves my range issues. I haven’t tried the TM515 since then.