As part of my domotica project I would like to monitor the amount of oil being used for heating the house. In my house I do have an Oil heater from ROTEX (Model A1).
In my own opinion there a two different approaches:
- Measure the actual oil flow to the heater.
- Measure the time the oil pump on the heater is activated. (Calculate afterwards how much oil was used per minute)
I took the specification for the ROTEX heater and found out that it has a Danfoss oil pump on it. This oil pump has a solenoid which opens and cuts of the oil flow. So if I would be able to log the position of the solenoid I would affectively have the time the heater is using oil. The solenoid is 230volt operated.
I am setting up a new domotica solution. So far I have planned to use at least the following components
- HomeMatic Zentrale CCU 1
- HomeMatic HM-CC-TC Funk-Wandthermostat
- HomeMatic HM-CC-VD Funk-Stellantrieb
- HomeMatic HM-Sec-MDIR Bewegungsmelder
- HomeMatic Funk-Rauchmelder BidCoS
- MS windows machine running IP-Symcon
- MS windows machine running MS SQL server
Could someone give me an advice which components are best suited and should be added to the list above to monitor the oil consumption.