FS20 & HomeMatic & Reliability of motion detectors

Hi,

I run IP-Symcon with FS20 components for some years now.
I use it to control various stuff - heating, lights, pool control, …

I have two major issues with it.

1. Commands get sometimes lost. My understanding is that HomeMatic would help as it is bi-directional. Is that correct (that HomeMatic has reliable command transmition)?
  2. Reliability of FS20 IR motion detectors. They often do not detect motion. E.g. my 10y old daughter is often „too small“ for a detector. Also, they loose sensitivity a lot in summer when ambient temperature goes up. That makes the usability of FS20 for lights questionable. Is the quality of HomeMatic IR motion detectors better? On pictures they appear to be the same design as FS20 so I’m afraid they’re the same detection-wise…

If I decide to add HomeMatic components to my IP-Symcon + FHZ1300PC setup, is „HomeMatic LAN Konfigurations-Adapter“ all I need?

And a general question - are there other alternatives in a similar price range?

(If there are some answers here on the forum than sorry for asking again. I tried to search but my poor German limits me when entering search terms).

Marian

Hi Marian,

What is reliable ;), the command will be send up to 10 times and you get back the result. But sometimes too commands will be lost. (OK the state won’t change.)

1. Reliability of FS20 IR motion detectors. my 10y old daughter is often „too small“ for a detector. Also, they loose sensitivity a lot in summer when ambient temperature goes up.

Your daughter grows up, you only have to wait :cool: :smiley:

All IR detectors have the same problem, more or less, don’t think, that Homematic is better.

is „HomeMatic LAN Konfigurations-Adapter“ all I need?

Yes, but not for wired components

some answers

There are more than „some answers“ :smiley:

Bruno

Hi,

thanks for answers!
Especially as they could be found by searching :wink:

What is reliable , the command will be send up to 10 times and you get back the result. But sometimes too commands will be lost. (OK the state won’t change.)

Ok, this is already quite reliable. I will be able to handle failures (at least to some extent) within the software.

All IR detectors have the same problem, more or less, don’t think, that Homematic is better.

Pity :frowning:
So I will have to find out how to connect home-alarm detectors to FS20 - those are very good.

Marian