Disable message server is in a different time zone than client

Hi Paresy,

I have a simple but for me a very important request. Would it be possible to make it optional to present the warning that my server is in a different time zone. This message always appears when I logon and it starts to frustrate me. After around 5000 clicks on it the orange banner becomes annoying. Please don’t rely on cookies etc because I clean my client when I close the browser.

How can I switch this off? What do I need to delete or do to stop this?

Robert

Morning Paresy,

I know it isn’t high on the priority list to change this. 99% will use the software within Germany and will be in the same time zone. My server is situated in Portugal and I am in a different time zone. For years IPS didn’t check for this difference. It’s nice for some users that you now check this and let the user know about it. For somebody that has been living with this difference for almost 10 years it’s a fact. You don’t need to warn me and therefore I like to shut it off.

Robert

Hi Robert,

you definitely can disable this for the visualization part (WebFront). But for the Configuration part we do not want to allow disabling it. Having different timezones is a configuration error for 99% of the users due to a bad Raspberry Pi configuration. When our support goes on such a system we need to see this error. And when the user is able to „disable“ it, we will not detect this type of error easily.

I understand that this one click is annoying for you, but this annoyance is unfortunately required most of the time and crucial for our support team.

paresy

Hi Paresy,

Thanks for your reply. You mention that I can switch it off for the webfront. I searched for it (settings webfront) but can’t find a setting for this. How do I switch it off?

Robert

@paresy ,

Anny news about how to turn off the message within webfront?

Robert

@paresy ,

Good morning. I still don’t know how to turn the message off for the visualization part (webfront).
I understand that you want to keep the message for configuration part. Disabling it for the visualization part will be enough for me. Please explain how I can turn this off!

Robert

Hi Robert,

i double checked and it seems i was wrong and we can disable this notice only for the configurations part. Therefore it seems not possible to remove the notice for the WebFront for now. I am also quite sure that we will not implement this feature due to the special case we have here.

What you can do: You can create a WebFront Skin, which will use CSS to hide this part of the WebFront and it should never appear. Does that help?

paresy